Monday, February 9, 2015

Mmmmmuffins!

I've been surrounded by breakfast foods and talk of breakfast foods lately (bagels, doughnuts, pancakes!) but Saturday I needed to make these blueberry muffins. I don't remember why it was necessary but here they are! And they were fantastic.
I went in not intending to change much in the recipe but that never really works out because I'm so horrible at making sure I have the correct ingredients. Changes-cut out a tablespoon of butter in the batter, used frozen blueberries, subbed white whole wheat flour, cut down the sugar and omitted the salt. I made the crumb topping not intending to skimp on the best part but I don't think I even used half of it! I sprinkled as much as I could but it would have been seriously overdoing it to try to get all of it on, there just wasn't enough space for it!

No comments: