Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Eww...Yum!

It's been awhile since I posted any new recipes because we've getting by on old favorites around here. We had some produce that was our of our comfort zone the last few months, thanks to our CSA, but I pretty much just used the same recipes I found for them last summer. Baking and cooking always seem to pick up with the colder weather though and here are a couple things we've tried recently. The pictures look gross but I promise they were both big hits!

Broccoli-Quinoa Casserole with Chicken and Cheddar-Looking at this picture sort of makes me want to never make this again but I have to keep reminding myself how good it was! You can feel free to click on the link and see a more attractive picture. I decided to make this before I had actually read the ingredient list so I was really thrown off when I saw it had mayonnaise in it. That kind of grosses me out so I put half the amount in. Next time I will definitely put more broccoli in!

German Peach Pie with Butter and Walnuts-We brought this pie to a friend's house and it didn't have a lot of takers but the people that did get a chance to try it loved it (me included!). We were able to bring home a little bit and Owen liked it so much that he chose it over cookies for his dessert the next day. I did hit a snag while making it however...you have to blanch the peaches to be able to peel the skin but this make it impossible to halve them as the recipe states. I ended up with peach slices/chunks instead.

No comments: