Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Recipes!

There are no clear winners in this recent round of recipes. I liked all of them but I couldn't get anyone to enjoy the zucchini/tomato concoction. The baked cabbage and cheese sauce was a much bigger hit than I imagined it would be though! The pulled pork was a crockpot recipe and it was really good but as with most crockpot recipes, it just made too much and I was sick of eating it long before it was finished.
Baked Cabbage with Cheese Sauce- It's a struggle to find cabbage recipes my family will eat so I'm willing to try anything. This ended up being good and everyone was ok with it the first night but didn't want any leftovers. Good thing I had cut the recipe in half!

Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes-This was a good alternative to the pasta sauce we normally use but I couldn't convince anyone to eat it because they think they don't like zucchini and are totally against tomato chunks (...even though Paige and Owen happily eat tomato sandwiches. This makes no sense.) I ate the leftovers with scrambled eggs, yum! I don't remember this recipe calling for corn as it so clearly states in the link but I didn't use any and I substituted oregano for the tarragon.

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork- we got this hunk of meat from the CSA and I had no idea what to do with it. I needed something easy and that's how I came across this recipe. I had to mess with the seasoning a bit because I had garlic salt and not garlic powder but I just used it and eliminated the extra salt in the recipe. I also threw some plain cabbage on top to add some crunch!

No comments: