Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Trick or treating got rescheduled because of the bad weather so we're going to have to come up with some other activities for tonight. We still haven't carved our pumpkin and we'll need to get our traditional cider and doughnuts! It might actually be nice to celebrate without having to rush out the door. Here are a couple yummy things we've made recently. They have nothing to do with Halloween but you've already seen the kids in their costumes so you'll have to wait until next week for the Trick or treating pictures! 

Baked Rice with Butternut Squash - I thought this was so good, pretty healthy and very comfort food-like. The kids didn't go for it and Pat tried to avoid it but was pleasantly surprised when I finally got him to try it :)

Pumpkin Apple Muffins - I've made these before but they're always so good. I'm going to substitute apple cider for the milk next time I make them!

No comments: