Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School Dinner!

In celebration of the beginning of school we had a fancy dinner. I saw this idea a long time ago and knew I would love to have this tradition once Owen started school. The fanciness was a little muted given the kid's ages but still quite a step up from a normal dinner. Wine glasses! candles! multiple courses! It was all very exciting! As the years go on I can imagine adding more fancy elements like: a tablecloth! dressing up in our nicest clothes! etc!



Mixed berry spinach salad served with poppyseed dressing


I'll bet you thought the kids wouldn't eat the spinach...


...these pictures are the proof!


Crunchy oven-fried ravioli with marinara dipping sauce


Cupcakes


I made Owen a card to let him know that we are very proud of him


The kids were pretty excited about blowing the candles out after dinner. I'm thinking we'll have to make that part of the dinner tradition too!


1 comment:

Pat said...

We can make shirts part of the tradition too...