Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quinoa Bites

I made this recipe by combining a little of this recipe and a little of this recipe and what I had and what I thought the kids would be willing to eat. I thought these were really good and Pat enjoyed them too but the kids said they did not like them (Owen ate all of his though so can we really trust what he says...?).  

They look like tater tots. They are not anything like tater tots.
Ingredients: (I sort of just threw stuff in so this is my best guess!)
  • About 1 cup of cooked quinoa
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 2/3 cup shredded cheese
  • 1-2 Tbsp parmesan
  • 1/4 cup onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and put about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup.Bake 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing.

No comments: