Saturday, January 21, 2012

Foods

Apparently we've tried quite a few new recipes recently so I thought I would post them all at once.


Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili - Pat and I thought this was really good but next time I would make it with less chicken or maybe even try without! The kids were not impressed...



Pasta and White Beans with Broccoli Pesto - I thought this was mediocre but Owen gobbled it up. It tasted a bit bland to me.

Applesauce Muffins - This was a Deceptively Delicous recipe and I thought it was pretty good. I had half of a butternut squash to use up that I had bought for another recipe so I used that as the puree.


Texas Caviar - This was a recipe we made for New Year's day because it had black eyed peas in it. We ate it as a salsa but I think it would hold its own as a side dish too.    


Breakfast Cookies - This was voted yummy by everybody! I actually ripped this recipe out of a magazine a loooong time ago and finally got around to making it because I was looking for something to do with some dried figs I had.

Turkey and Potato Meatloaf - I substituted ground turkey for the pork the recipe called for and since a picture of meatloaf is never going to look appetizing I'm putting up this picture of the kids eating it instead


Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies - I made these for Pat to take to work and they were fantastic and super easy!