Thursday, December 29, 2011

Desserts!

I let myself get behind on posting and now I'm all backed up! I'll be posting things randomly and out of order to try to catch up. I'm going to start with a post just about some of the treats we made this month.

Spiced Apple Cream Cheese Coffeecake (sidenote: this recipe calls for cardamom which is so expensive at the grocery store I almost skipped putting it in (even though it's one of the major flavors in the recipe) until we found it for a cheap price at World Market. Get it there!)
A slice of the coffeecake! This recipe was so good and even though it had three layers and lots of ingredients it wasn't actually that hard to make.

Meatball cookie-this is not a very good picture but I forgot to take a picture until we had only one left and my camera battery was so low I had to take it while the camera was plugged in to the wall.

Peanut Butter Cup cookies-not sure of the official name of these but these are super minimal effort for a super tasty result. I ran into my neighbor at the grocery store one day and she convinced me to make them. Just a pouch of peanut butter cookie mix and a bag of peanut butter cups.

Sugar cookies-we needed more cookies for Santa so we decided to make these with the kids. Next time we'll make them first and let the kids decorate them...Paige just munched on the dough and Owen spent the whole time trying to roll it out. We had fun though as you can see by the mess!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm so happy that I was there to sample every dessert! Everything was awesomely yummy! (didn't try the sugar cookies of course, those were for Santa!)