Friday, January 14, 2011

Scalloped Tomatoes

Owen was desperate to watch tv and I was desperate to not watch another kids show so we agreed to watch the Food Network. Ina Garten was making this recipe and we had everything it called for. It was soooo good. The name sounds gross so if I hadn't seen her make it I probably would never have tried it but I'm so glad I did. I had to change a few things around but I don't think it's enough to call it my recipe.




Click here for Ina's Recipe

My Recipe
Ingredients
olive oil
2 tomatoes, diced
2-3 cups 1/2" cubed sourdough bread
1 tsp minced garlic
salt, sugar, pepper, dried basil
grated parmesan

1. Put some olive oil in 12" saute pan
2. Saute bread cubes 5 minutes or until toasted
3. Add tomatoes, saute until bread has soaked up tomato juice
4. Add garlic and a sprinkling of sugar, salt, pepper and basil
5. Remove from heat, put in ovenproof dish
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and a bit of olive oil on top
7. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees

No comments: