Monday, August 24, 2020

My Birthday!

Pat and the kids treated me to a great birthday! They decorated the house and gave me presents in the morning and then later we went on a drive for ice cream at Mason's Creamery. We were the first in line when they opened and the ice cream there is always so good!! I got Mocha Oreo and mint chocolate chip (I actually ordered cookies and cream but I didn't bother getting it fixed because anything there is good anyway!). The kids got bubble waffles with strawberry and strawberry cheesecake ice cream and Pat got the cookies and cream!
On our way home we stopped at a park we'd never been to right on the lake. It was really nice and had steep steps where you could watch the sunset. We weren't there at the right time for that but I'd love to go back!
At the end of the day we went to the zoo for the Asian Lantern Festival! I'd always wanted to go but we hadn't because we were always busy with sports or it was too late at night or we were worried about buying non-refundable tickets and ending up with bad weather. We started off watching a show that had a bunch of acts. There was lion dancing, plate spinning, acrobats and a contortionist. Paige had us all cracking up when she kept saying she could do everything the contortionist was doing. She wasn't far off actually but there were at least a couple things I've never seen her do:) The lights were really neat to see but by the end of the night it felt crowded and we were ready to go home!













 

No comments: