Thursday, October 29, 2015

Field Trip

Owen's class took a trip to a local museum and I got to join them as a chaperone! We got to learn a lot about the history of our city and a little bit about what it was like to live in the late 1800s. My group started off in a room with World War I memorabilia and we were treated to a lot of very graphic stories. I thought some of it was bordering on inappropriate but the kids seemed super interested and we've since talked a few times about some of the stories from our tour guide. Then we got to tour the house where we were put in small rooms with very fragile and historically important artifacts.  A little stressful but we managed to get through without any problems!

The kids checked out some guns from the war.

Going up!

I think this was called a stereoscope. The kids were all fascinated by it and wanted multiple turns to see the two images merge into one.

Owen and his bus buddies enjoying the ride!

No comments: