Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Happy Thanksgiving!


Ah, Thanksgiving. Ours was really great, helped along by the wonderful weather and the fact that Pat and I got to spend it with both of our families! First, everybody spent a lot of time watching the parade while I recleaned what we had already cleaned and then messed up again. Then we got the turkey in the oven and I went out for my Turkey Trot (I missed the 5 mile run downtown so I did my own!). When I got back I checked on the turkey and realized the oven wasn't hot! The turkey hadn't been cooking! Ahhh! Pat had locked the oven thinking he was keeping the kids safe but it really it turned the heat off...we fixed it and *spoiler alert* the turkey cooked just fine and was delicious. Meanwhile, we  heard from my parents who locked themselves out of their house after coming back from the race downtown! They still made it to our house in a timely manner though. We played outside with Pat's family while we waited and then we hurriedly made the rest of the food and ate a ton. So. Fun. So much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

Some of us watched the parade in mismatched pajamas, clutching a waffle. All morning.


I remember taking this picture because Pat was super pleased with himself for finding this casserole dish.
Good job Pat!


My favorite Owen smile of the day!


Group picture!


Proof that I was there too!


No comments: