Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese New Year!

Try explaining the concept of a "new year" to a 4 year old. Then try explaining how people in China have a different new year and it involves animals and...yep, we had a few awesome conversations today!
I found a craft to make paper lanterns that would let Owen use his newfound scissor skills and he did amazing. I know that's a strong word for cutting a bunch of lines but it's only been a couple of days! Note the look of concentration!


There they are! Next time I'm going to make the paper a different size because our lanterns seemed a bit tall!


We had chicken fried rice for dinner (I wanted to be really authentic so I got the recipe off of the Minute Rice box). We also had fortune cookies. Owen's fortune was "make someone happy with a good hug." I previously made fun of these cookies for not having actual fortunes but I won't anymore since I got a really big hug because of them! My fortune said "people laugh with you and enjoy your jokes." So we had a big laugh.

No comments: