Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Food!

I've been trying out some recipes from Double Delicious (the follow-up book to Deceptively Delicious) and having success! The idea behind the books is to hide vegetable purees in foods to make them healthier. I think this book does a better job of finding meals that are appealing to adults as well as kids and I have a lot of pages bookmarked to make! We'll see how many I get done before the library demands its copy back! 


Baked Ziti - carrot and cauliflower purees. I initially thought I should have cut the recipe in half when I saw how much I was making but everyone loved it so I'm glad I didn't!
 
Chicken Enchiladas - sweet potato puree. I would have preferred a bit more flavor/spice but it probably doesn't have it so the kids won't be scared off! 


No comments: